Grant Programme for Activities Programmes
17 october 2018
Budget: € 1.200.000
Creative Industries Fund NL uses the Grant Programme for Activities Programmes to support one-year activities programmes which together contribute to the promotion of excellent quality, development and professionalization of contemporary Dutch architecture, design and digital culture and to encourage interest in these disciplines. The Grant Programme for Activities Programmes has one application round per year.
Who is this programme aimed at?
- This programme is intended for cultural institutions or organizations in the areas of architecture, design and digital culture in the Netherlands.
The institution, foundation or applicant needs to be registered as a company with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel) when they receive the subsidy.
For which programmes can a grant be applied for?
- People can apply for activities programmes in the fields of architecture, design, digital culture or a combination of these.
Activities programmes are eligible that comply with the following:
• contain a number of organized activities that are interrelated in terms of form and content;
• carried out within a pre-defined period of time (max. 1 year);
• combine different project forms;
• stand out from the range of existing activities programmes in terms of content, set-up and implementation.
What are the evaluation criteria?
- A grant may be awarded to projects that make a sufficient contribution to the objective of this grant programme and focus on at least one of the following policy objectives:
promoting experiments and crossovers;
stimulating research, analysis and reflection;
encouraging talent development and artistic quality;
advancing social commitment and public activities;
reinforcing the international position of the design sectors;
promoting the professionalisation of design practice and exemplary commissioning.
Please refer to the Subsidy Regulations (PDF) Articles 16 - 21 for the description of the evaluation criteria in relation to these policy objectives.
The evaluation of the proposals focuses primarily on the extent to which the project is developed and is an addition to the existing practice, and consistency in terms of objective, set-up, expertise involved, method and extent of co-funding and audience reach.
In employing the tender construction, the advisory committee assesses the applications on these evaluation criteria, specifically and in this sequence:
1. The extent to which the programme is put on the agenda, in other words the extent to which the programme represents an addition to existing practice or theory
1. The extent to which there is a platform function, in other words connections are made between the content of the programme and a suitable audience
2. The extent to which there is collaboration with various relevant parties
3. The extent to which there is a clear financial strategy
4. The extent to which there is insight into the quality of the programme, in particular how well-developed the programme is
5. The extent to which the supporting programmes make a contribution to a regional distribution of activities throughout the Netherlands and the extent to which this distribution is divided over the disciplines.
Preparing the application
Refer to the Grant Application Guide (PDF) when submitting your application. The guide provides certainty with regard to the grant application and the drawing up of the programme plan, budget and communication plan. If your programme includes a publication, you can consult the Publications Calculation Form (PDF).
Subsidy Regulations and Grant Programme for Activities Programmes
The Creative Industries Fund NL has Subsidy Regulations (PDF) that formally apply to the application, evaluation, awarding and final approval of a grant. Supplementary grant programmes have been drawn up with specific objectives and conditions. Read the Subsidy Regulations (PDF) as well as the Grant Programme for Activities Programmes (PDF) attentively before submitting an application.
Exclusion of other grant programmes
Organizations that receive subsidy on the basis of this grant programme are not eligible for other Creative Industries Fund NL subsidies during the implementation of the programme, with the exception of application procedures that fall under the Fund's 'Programmahuis'.
Online application environment
The application should be submitted using the online application environment. You have to sign up and create an account to do so. Please note: do so in a timely manner, it can take up to 1 working day for the Fund to validate the account and this is only done during the working week.
You can submit your draft application or project plan to the staff member concerned up to a maximum of two weeks before the closing date for application. This can be done by e-mail or telephone. If you have other questions please refer to our FAQ first or contact the Creative Industries Fund NL.
After your application has been submitted, the Fund office checks whether you comply with the formal requirements as listed in the Subsidy Regulations (PDF) and the Grant Programme for Activities Programmes (PDF).
An advisory committee will evaluate the extent to which your application is aligned with the criteria listed in Articles 16 - 21 of the Subsidy Regulations (PDF) and the grant programme’s specific objective (Article 1 of the Grant Programme for Activities Programmes (PDF)). The committee will issue a recommendation to the Creative Industries Fund NL’s Board.
The advisory committee employs a tender construction for the evaluation. A supplementary evaluation framework has been defined for this purpose. See the menu element "What are the evaluation criteria?".
View the composition of the advisory committee for the Grant Programme for Activities Programmes here.
The board will take the committee's recommendation into account in their decision to award the grant or not. You will be informed of the decision 10 weeks after the closing date for the grant programme at the latest.
If you do not agree with the Creative Industries Fund NL’s decision you can submit a reviewed application or a letter of appeal. More information is provided here.
If you receive a grant from the Creative Industries Fund NL you will enter into obligations. Please read important information on your accountability here. Download the accountability form immediately here.
- For further information, please contact:
You can also call +31 (0)10 4361600.
If you have questions concerning the online application environment please contact the secretariat.