Grant Programme for Architecture
29 january 2020
22 april 2020
05 august 2020
30 september 2020
Budget 2020: € 1.200.000
The Creative Industries Fund NL uses the Architecture Grant Programme to support projects that contribute to promoting the quality and development of contemporary Dutch architecture. There are four application rounds a year for this grant programme. The amounts can be adjusted if the full amount has not been used in previous rounds.
Who is this programme aimed at?
- The Architecture Grant Programme aims to support projects. The majority of applications originate from architects, urban designers, town and country planners, researchers, publishers and other professionals active in the fields of architecture, urban design as well as interior, garden and landscape design. In addition to these designers and spatial professionals, the programme is also open to other parties such as architectural and debating centres and institutions.
You need to be registered as a company with the Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel or its foreign equivalent) when you receive the grant.
For which projects can a grant be applied for?
- Applications may be submitted for project grants concerning research, design research, projects aimed at national or international knowledge exchange and projects that stimulate public interest in the field including, for instance, expert meetings, experiments, competitions and audiovisual productions. Activities and publications aimed at presentation, analysis and reflection are also eligible. The Grant Programme for Architecture also has a starting grant that can be applied for (max. €7,500) to study a project's options.
Festivals and cultural organizations can turn to the Festivals Grant Programme for the preparation, structuring and implementation of festivals in the field of architecture.
The Creative Industries Fund NL has a shortened procedure for presentations at or participation in events abroad. Read more about the vouchers here.
What are the evaluation criteria?
- A grant may be awarded to projects that make a sufficient contribution to the objectives of this grant programme and focus on at least one of the following policy objectives:
• promoting experiments and crossovers
• stimulating research, analysis and reflection
• promoting talent development and artistic quality
• promoting social commitment and public activities
• reinforcing the international position of the design sectors
• promoting the professionalization of design practice and exemplary commissioning
Please refer to the Subsidy Regulations (PDF) Articles 16 - 21 for the description of the evaluation criteria in relation to these policy objectives.
The evaluation of the proposals primarily focuses on the relevance of the issue, the plan of approach, the expertise of the parties involved, substantive and financial support and the consistency between all these elements.
Preparing the application
Refer to the Grant Application Guide (PDF) when submitting your application. The guide provides guidance with regard to the grant application and the drawing up of the project plan, budget and communication plan. If your application concerns a publication you may consult the Publications Calculation Form (PDF).
General Subsidy Regulations and the Architecture Grant Programme
The Creative Industries Fund NL has Subsidy Regulations that formally apply to the application, evaluation, awarding and final approval of a grant. Supplementary grant programmes have been drawn up with specific objectives and conditions. Read the Subsidy Regulations (PDF) as well as the Grant Programme for Architecture (PDF) attentively before submitting an application.
Online application environment
The application should be submitted using the online application environment. You have to sign up and create an account to do so. Please note: do so in a timely manner, it can take up to 1 working day for the Fund to validate the account and this is only done during the working week.
You can submit your draft application or project plan to the staff member concerned up to a maximum of two weeks before the closing date for application. This can be done by e-mail or telephone. If you have other questions please refer to our FAQ first or contact the Creative Industries Fund NL.
After the submission of your application the Fund's office checks whether you comply with the formal requirements as listed in the Subsidy Regulations (PDF) and the Grant Programme for Architecture (PDF).
An advisory committee will evaluate your request on the basis of the General Subsidy Regulations and the Architecture Grant Programme. In particular, it will assess the extent to which your application is aligned with the criteria listed in Articles 16 - 21 of the Subsidy Regulations (PDF) and the grant programme's specific objectives (Article 1 of the Grant Programme for Architecture (PDF)). If the positive decisions in a round of applications exceed the available budget, prioritization can be applied. The committee will issue a recommendation to the Creative Industries Fund NL's Board. View the composition of the advisory committee for the Architecture Grant Programme here.
If the positive recommendations exceed the available budget in an application round, prioritization can be applied (Articles 9 and 10 of the Subsidy Regulations).
The board will take the recommendation into account in their decision to award the subsidy or not. You will be informed of the decision 10 weeks after the closing date for the grant programme at the latest.
If you do not agree with the Creative Industries Fund NL's decision you can submit a reviewed application or a letter of appeal. More information is provided here.
If you receive a grant from the Creative Industries Fund NL you will enter into obligations. Please read important information on your accountability here. Two weeks before your project ends you will receive a request by e-mail to submit your accountability in the online application environment.
- For further information please contact:
Ibrahim Alaoui Chrifi
You can also call +31 (0)10 4361600.