Voucher procedure for presentations abroad
budget: € 150,000 Vouchers can be applied for at any time, provided there is budget available
Creative Industries Fund NL has a shortened procedure for makers who have been invited by a foreign cultural institution or organization to give a presentation abroad in the near future. This could be participation in an exhibition, manifestation, individual presentation, workshop or lecture, or participation as a speaker at a conference or symposium. The applicant can apply for a voucher for this purpose. This procedure is a supplement to the Fund's existing programmes. You can apply between 4 months and one month before the presentation is to take place. It takes maximum 5 weeks to process an application.
Please mind that the last date for applications in 2018 is November 28th, 2018.
Your application must be based on an invitation from a foreign party. The tenor of the invitation carries considerable weight: it shows the question/knowledge request from abroad and the description of the expertise and quality of the (Dutch) people involved. The request from abroad must also be reflected in a substantial contribution in terms of financing or facilitation, thereby establishing the commitment.
who is this procedure aimed at?
- This procedure is intended for makers in the fields of architecture, design and digital culture. You need to be registered as a company with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel) in the Netherlands when you receive the subsidy.
for which projects can a voucher be applied for?
- • the project takes place abroad;
• the project concerns a presentation;
• there is a recent invitation from abroad;
• the contribution is for travel, accommodation, transport and presentation costs;
• the maximum amount of subsidy required is € 1,500 per applicant;
• only one voucher can be applied for per studio, company or collective;
• a voucher may not be requested for presentations where a procedure already exists within the Fund.
Proposals that are certainly not eligible for support are:
• strategic trade missions aimed at establishing networks;
• projects that focus on studying the market;
• incoming missions;
• set-up and development of group presentations or exhibitions;
• standard projects for which an application can be submitted to one of the grant programmes;
• summer schools;
• educational activities;
• presentations at fairs aimed at achieving sales;
• presentations by designers from the talent development grant programme;
• presentations by institutions supported from the multi-year programs;
• projects that do not fall within the Fund's field of activity.
what are the evaluation criteria?
- Subsidy is awarded on the basis of the Internationalization Grant Programme and the project must make a contribution to the objectives of the Grant Programme for Internationalization. The evaluation primarily focuses on:
• the artistic quality of the project and maker;
• the planned approach and motivation;
• the relevance of the event for the field;
• the tenor of the invitation;
• the extent to which the proposal serves cultural and Dutch interests while going beyond the individual.
preparing the application
- The application should be submitted using the online application environment. You have to sign up and create an account to do so. Please note: do so in a timely manner, it can take up to 1 working day for the Fund to validate the account and this is only done during the working week. The application consists of an online application form which asks for the following information:
• a personal motivation for participation which demonstrates the relevance of the presentation for the international development of your own design practice;
• description of the event, the fair or the institution where the presentation is taking place and the context in which the presentation/participation is taking place, for instance the programme, theme, target group/audience and possibly line-up.
• description of the planned presentation/activities, own approach and any additional activities;
• communication plan;
• a brief outline of the total budgeted project costs with a coverage plan that demonstrates the subsidy requirement (€ 1,500 maximum). All costs for travel, accommodation, transport of objects and presentation/communication/stand hire are eligible for a contribution. The coverage of the costs is prioritized on the basis of this sequence. The budget is balanced by the subsidy. In other words: all costs and income are transparent and the other co-funding parties have already agreed or will agree on the basis of the balanced budget.
• portfolio (max. 10 pages) and CV (max. 2 pages).
It is not possible to submit a draft application or project plan to the Fund office for advice.
Acceptance and subsidy procedure
After your application has been submitted, the Fund office checks whether you comply with the formal requirements as listed in the Subsidy Regulations (PDF) with the exception of Article 8 and Article 4, clause 3f. Supplementary grant programmes have been drawn up with specific objectives and conditions. Read the Grant Programme for Internationalization (PDF) attentively before submitting an application.
• you can apply between 4 months and one month before the presentation is to take place;
• it takes maximum 5 weeks to process an application;
• in the period from 9 January to 31 December 2018, only one voucher may be awarded per applicant;
• the subsidy period is a maximum of 4 months.
For accountability purposes, at the conclusion of the project a substantive and financial report and a completed accountability form will be requested. The substantive report should at least cover the implementation of the presentation, the result achieved, the size of the audience, the network established, the relevance of the event and the organization for the field and the results of any extra activities carried out. The financial report provides an overview of the actual costs compared to the budgeted costs, including supporting documents showing proof of payment. Any deviating costs also need to be explained. The accountability form is submitted in digital form via e-mail.
- For further information please contact:
Andrea Kristić, grants officer Voucher procedure
You can also call +31 (0)10 4361600.
If you have questions concerning the online application environment please contact the secretariat.